Monday 6 October 2014

Do you like Beyonce: a modern love story with a twisted cougar and hot backpacker..

I was bored, I was lonely. i was in a strange city and I was in good company but I wanted more. I saw him dancing and he was so good looking. As for me, I was dressed in my comfortable grandma looking dress which was not as appealing as I thought. i had one too many drinks. I found myself on the dance floor and decided to bust a move

Now..I must admit I do not remember the songs I was dancing to. He walked up to me . It was easy because the room was mostly empty. His friends made the entire room population. I was too busy dropping it like it's hot to notice the 6 foot creature walk towards me. He was tall and fair and very caucasian with THE most beautiful blonde hair cut in a very nice fashion. Anyways, he walked up to me and asked me a simple question: 'Do you like Beyonce''

I know! Of all the people in the room, this boy walked up to me and asked if I liked Beyonce? First thing that popped into my mind was: is it because I am black that this tall piece of vanilla thinks I like Beyonce? Second thought was: does this guy think I  like Beyonce just cause I am shaking my butt a little harder than all the people in the pub? And the last thought was me realizing that there were only two other black people in the pub and I looked the most Beyonce loving gal out there. In all honesty, I LOVE Beyonce. She is the Queen B c'mon!

Anyways, I must admit he was hot, and really cute. Let me be honest, the word for him was cute, say skinnier than me, and compared to me he was a babe. I regretted wearing the stupid grandma black dress with the boots cause I wanted him to see my tatas, i have amazing tatas but they were hidden under the death robe I was wearing.
Back to my story. I told him that I did not like Beyonce and turned away from him. He followed me and asked me what my favorite  Beyonce song was and I picked one at random. His friend, a very nice looking white girl walked up to me and begun to dance with me. She asked me what he was asking me and I told her about the Beyonce thing, she rolled her eyes and told me that he was the biggest Beyonce fan in the world. I looked at him and laughed because it was so refreshing seeing someone who was into Beyonce that wasn't black or female. We chatted right on the dance floor where I went on to fill him in on Bey gossip and that awkward Solange fight in the now infamous elevator. He told me that he was a University student from the United Kingdom(yes the accent was heavenly) backpacking through Africa. I asked his age and he said he was 21. I died a little..my 21st birthday was some years back . I was in my mid twenties and I felt a little awkward talking to an obvious boy. No wonder he was so cute! He was Taylor Swift cute! He was a student backpacking and I was a cougar on a work assignment. I felt old in my grandma dress and here I was sharing a drink with someone who was obviously still young.

We talked and laughed and took pictures on his phone the whole time while I drank my heart away. He left me to join his friends and I kept downing my misery. Fucking 21

I made up my mind to talk to him one last time. So I said goodbye to each of  his friends individually until I reached where he sat. I told him I was leaving and he looked sad. That made my inner fifty shades goddess bullshit celebrate. I went in to hug him cause mama needs her sugar and he asked me for my phone number which was ridiculous because he had no Zambian number. I asked him if he was on Instagram. He wasn't. After our goodbyes we still kept talking and one thing led to another. Next thing the Queen Bey was dumped and hello talks of Erotica which would make Henry Miller Blush crimson.....he asked me to follow him to the bathroom after five minutes but I was there in three......

This is where I become a lady. I do not kiss and tell. Haha. But I did kiss him and it was heated and amazing and I felt old yet helpless. What I learned from all this is that I did like that boy, given the opportunity I would leave my home country and look for my Beyonce loving Adonis. But it seems so impractical.
We agreed to meet two days later at the same pub at the same time but I never made it. I never went. I got scared, I chickened out and quacked on my own all night long. I was a loser.

That is all I have to say about this sweet and drunken story of the one boy who got away. He was just a traveller going through Africa and I was just another random person he probably met on his adventures...

Nathan without a surname from Exeter University...I still love Beyonce :(

No comments:

Post a Comment